Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thing 2: Library 2.0 and the Future

Well, to tell the absolute truth, I didn't know that there was a Library 1.0 or a Web 1.0, so now that we are on Library 2.0 and Web 2.0 - I better catch up. I agree with John Blyberg's position that Library 2.0 is basically making libraries more relevant. It is imperative that as a librarian working with elementary students, that I lay the foundation for the use of technology in the library. Students today have been raised with technology and are drawn to it. Most of my students prefer to use the computer to search for books in an interactive format, and then go to the shelves to find their choice. I also agree with Stephen Abram's belief that everyone can find the time to learn if it is important enough. We find the time to watch our favorite television reality shows, so surely we can find time to stay up with technology. As teachers, we use language immersion with our students, so why not use technology immersion as adults? I heartily agree that we learn best by experience, so what better way to learn Web 2.0 than by actually trying it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment