Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thing 7: RSS Feeds

I think that RSS feeds are amazing technology, but they can also become very addictive - again with the information overload idea. I love the idea of one-stop shopping so to speak, and trying to choose which sites to put on your reader is sort of like picking your 10 favorite friends on your cellular phone plan. I tried all of the sites listed in 23 Things because they are not the sites I usually frequent and that alone makes them interesting.

I read all of the Unshelved comic strips and then got entrapped in an article on the future of Social Security. I better start saving, apparently. I did find several different summer reading book lists to cull through and pick my favorites. I need to put together a summer reading list, and having different ideas was fun. I do like having everything in one place, but I was right on my personal penchant for making sure I skimmed all the information and checked them all as unread. I'll have to work on that, or I will be up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment