Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thing 6: Blog Readers

Blog readers remind of the way that my Yahoo page is set up through Uverse. I was able to customize it by choosing which headlines and subscriptions I would like on my Home Page. I can then just click on those links to read snippets of information rather that sort through all types of news that I am not as interested in reading. (Sorry, sports fans, but I have absolutely no sports links on my Home Page....)

I'm not convinced yet that this will be one of my favorite "Things" because I already feel bombarded by information and this may just be information overload at its finest. It wasn't the easiest application for me to set up, and it took a while for the Folder link to work. If I want information, right now I prefer to go straight to the source, and I may not check a particular site for weeks. I would have a lot of unread items for each of my subscriptions, which again would probably cause me and my overly organized self to feel obligated to check out all of the unread items. We'll see about this one as time goes by. I can see subscribing to my favorite library and books news sites to check out the latest and greatest, so I'll give it the old college try.

No comments:

Post a Comment