Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thing 4: Flickr Mashups

I really had fun with the mashups. I first tried the Spell with Flickr and tried several different words. I found a combination that spelled "Library" that I thought would look great on a web page or even banner. I had difficulty saving the HTML code, though. I also loved playing with images in different colors, and could think of many ways to use this in a lesson, especially one in which we were studying color poems.

I think my absolute favorite mashup is the one I used below with the captions. I found it very easy to use and fun to play with. I tried it with several different photos, and had fun experimenting with the many thought bubble and stamp options. This picture is just one of my daughter at Christmas. I could easily see creating a fun photo album.


In the library, this would be a really great lesson to use with the students. Graphic novels have mushroomed in popularity, and I can't keep Bone, Babymouse, and Captain Underpants on the shelves. Both girls and boys love the comic strip format, and I often catch them creating their own comics in their spirals. We could use the digital cameras to take pictures, upload them, and let the students create their own comic strip bubbles to go along with them. Now I know that is one lesson that the students would absolutely love!


No comments:

Post a Comment