Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thing 5: Image Generators

I thought the image generators were really fun, and I spent entirely too much time playing with them. A friend of mine used my name on a marquee, and I wondered how he did it. Now I know! I didn't realize it was this easy.

I can think of countless ways to use the image generators in the library. The comic strip generator could easily be used by students who love the graphic novel genre. I had already been toying with the idea of trying to create posters with students' pictures in them for next year. I wanted to come up with a format to highlight different places students were "Caught Reading." The motivational posters would allow you to photograph students and then create your own words to highlight them.

I spent the most time playing on Image Chef with different words and shapes. I noticed that different shapes worked better with different fonts, so I had to experiment until I found the right one. My favorite one I created is:


No comments:

Post a Comment