Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing 12: Twitter

I think that you would have to live under a rock to have not heard about Twitter. It is mentioned everywhere, from the news anchors telling you that you can follow them on Twitter to late night television. There are mentions in magazines of Twitter accounts to follow and celebrities are always touting their Twitter accounts. I created a Twitter account and played around with it, but I don't think I will use it as much as Facebook. There are so many hashtags, that it seems that anyone can create one. I experimented with a few, and enjoyed #quote, which is used for people to post quotes.

Last night on the news, there was an interview of a sports celebrity and they were asking his opinion of Facebook versus Twitter. His response was that he definitely was a Facebook guy all the way, and I tend to agree. His comment was that he really didn't have the time to keep up with people on Twitter, and didn't really need to know that someone was now brushing their teeth, etc. I think I might use Twitter to follow certain organizations rather than specific people. I don't see me using it on a daily basis; however, I'm glad that I signed up and now understand more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment