Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 17: LibWorm

I spent quite a bit of time exploring LibWorm, and it is interesting but probably not my my top Thing - at least not yet. I did a search on my school library and did not find anything about my own particular library, but rather a lot of information about libraries with similar names. I am currently trying to find information about elementary scope and sequence plans for different school libraries, but could not find exactly the information I wanted, even trying a variety of different search terms. I could find the same information using another search tool.

I found that it was more helpful for me to go into the different categories or subjects. For example, I could browse School Libraries or Children to find information on new topics. If I was looking for a hot Censorship topic, I would definitely look there. Also, I like the Book Reviews and could use it for job openings if I was looking right now. I would not rate the quality of the results that LibWorm gave me as very high, but perhaps I was also not searching for the right topic. As with most things, I think that LibWorm serves its purpose and should be used as an additional tool in finding information.

No comments:

Post a Comment